Questions about NG

From: Steve Hope <glorantha-board_at_rpglist.org>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 08:47:24 -0800

Hi everyone,

Just looking through my new copy of NG (the French version). I had a couple of questions:

  1. There are a number of spirits that say, "although this is a physical spirit, it may use spirit magic". Does this mean that the unit fights in normal melee combat but its MgF fights in the spirit magic combat phase, like most spirits? Does it mean that it also has the option of using its MgF in a physical magic attack?
  2. Lots of the map seems to be a little "off"--in particular the High Tumulus where Tada's Warriors can be summoned looks to be spread across two hexes, and a lot of the rivers run almost directly down hexsides, so that to actually move "along" the river you'd have to move in a zigzag fashion. It seems like if the map was shifted a small bit down and to the left it would be a bit more understandable, but the various ruins etc. all seem to be perfectly centered on their hex. Does anyone have any thoughts about this aspect of the NG map? Many of the ridges are similarly somewhat hard to ascribe to a particular hexside. These grey areas would be more understandable if the DP map was similarly vague in places, but it's not.