Dragon pass casualty question

From: Goihl & Fahey <glorantha-board_at_rpglist.org>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 23:09:33 +0100

------=_NextPart_000_004E_01C3F02A.F1CF6760 Content-Type: text/plain;

        charset="iso-8859-1"

>My reading of the rules suggests that units down the
>order in a stack can only be taken
> if the above units in the stack are eliminated or bypassed.

Right. Get yourself a Triceratops on top of your stack. That'll shield = you from ten points of "damage", and you won't lose anything if the = result is less than ten.

>I think there were some optional rules discussed at one point
>that would allow you to use this attack to _disrupt_ the top
>unit, so at least your assault weakened it and disrupted its
>unity. But that is not part of the standard rules.

Yeah, I was occasionally doing that, and or retreating units which were = hit for half their strength. There were other variants. Make up some of = your own and send them to us.

>Even worse, since you attacked, the stack gets to counter-attack,
>and as the defender its CF is doubled to 8 CF, and that's just for
>the top unit.
>Lesson: don't get into a position where you have to attack a
>stack unless you are sure you can do some significant damage. :)

Very true. This can't be emphasized enuf. Hit em hard, or not at all.

Daniel

------=_NextPart_000_004E_01C3F02A.F1CF6760 Content-Type: text/html;

        charset="iso-8859-1"

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>&gt;My reading of&nbsp;the rules suggests that units down the</DIV>
<DIV>&gt;order in a stack can only be taken<BR>&gt; if the above units =
in the=20
stack are eliminated or bypassed.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Right. Get yourself a Triceratops on =
top of your=20
stack. That'll shield you from ten points of "damage", and you won't = lose=20
anything if the result is less than ten.</FONT><BR><BR>&gt;I think there = were=20
some optional rules discussed at one point</DIV>
<DIV>&gt;that would allow you to use this attack to _disrupt_ the =
top</DIV>
<DIV>&gt;unit, so at least your assault weakened it and disrupted =
its</DIV>
<DIV>&gt;unity. But that is not part of the standard rules.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Yeah, I was occasionally doing that, =
and or=20
retreating units which were hit for half their strength. There were = other=20
variants. Make up some of your own and send them to = us.</FONT><BR><BR>&gt;Even=20
worse, since you attacked, the stack gets to counter-attack,</DIV>
<DIV>&gt;and as the defender its CF is doubled to 8 CF, and that's just=20
for</DIV>
<DIV>&gt;the top unit.</DIV>
<DIV>&gt;Lesson: don't get into a position where you have to attack =
a</DIV>
<DIV>&gt;stack unless you are sure you can do some significant damage. =
:)</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Very true. This can't be emphasized =
enuf. Hit em=20

hard, or not at all.</FONT></DIV>

<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Daniel</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_004E_01C3F02A.F1CF6760--