Re: Rules comments

From: Peter Svensson <glorantha-board_at_rpglist.org>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 11:44:58 -0800 (PST)

--0-2146125835-1078343098=:69397

> But I can't keep myself from mentioning another thing I'm
> uncomfortable about in the NG rules: Physical Magic. It looks like
> Elemental Demons placed by a Great Spirit on an enemy stack can
> attack twice in a round - once in the physical magic sub-phase, and
> then again in the Rally Phase (if there are enemy units still in the
hex).

?? Why would they attack in the rally phase?

In 7.7.2.1, the Great Spirit sets an Elemental Demon on a stack in the Physical Magic phase, and combat ensues immediately. Unlike a spirit, the demon remains on the stack. It's ignored till the rally phase, when combat occurs according to the Creatures of Chaos rule, 12.2, presumably to resolve the situation of enemy units occupying the same hex.

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Search - Find what you’re looking for faster. --0-2146125835-1078343098=:69397
<BLOCKQUOTE class=replbq style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">
<P>&gt; But I can't keep myself from mentioning another thing I'm <BR>&gt; uncomfortable about in the NG rules: Physical Magic. It looks like <BR>&gt; Elemental Demons placed by a Great Spirit on an enemy stack can <BR>&gt; attack twice in a round - once in the physical magic sub-phase, and <BR>&gt; then again in the Rally Phase (if there are enemy units still in the <BR>hex). <BR><BR>?? Why would they attack in the rally phase?<BR><BR></P></BLOCKQUOTE>
<P>In 7.7.2.1, the Great Spirit sets an Elemental Demon on a stack in the Physical Magic phase, and combat ensues immediately. Unlike a spirit, the demon remains on the stack. It's ignored till the rally phase, when combat occurs according to the Creatures of Chaos rule, 12.2, presumably to resolve the situation of enemy units occupying the same hex.</P><p><hr SIZE=1>
Do you Yahoo!?<br>
Yahoo! Search - <a href="http://search.yahoo.com/?fr=ad-mailsig-home">Find what you’re looking for faster.</a> --0-2146125835-1078343098=:69397--