Land of Thunder

From: glorantha-board_at_rpglist.org <(glorantha-board_at_rpglist.org)>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 15:56:24 -0800

Hi Wulf,

> >Do you really think the WB&RM system went faster? I don't see the
> DP system as taking longer, except for things like the diplomacy
> part in a full game.
>
> Yup. No counting out casualties after the result, no checking for
> disrupted units. The concept of archery over 5 mile hexes is ludicrous
> anyway. Having played both, I find WB&RM far faster.

Well, I can tell you it is never going to happen -- we are not going back to WB&RM rules. First of all, each edition had a distinctly different set, which were evolving towards DP the whole time. And the whole point this time around is to make sure the games are 100% compatible, using the same rules. WB&RM and NG are not compatible in that respect.

> >DP doesn't have more than a few more pieces than WB&RM.
>
> Even apart from the extra units, every magic unit adds an extra
> counter for it's effect (although NG did that with Shamans and
Fetches).

Different type of magic. And these additions do not make the game longer -- on the contrary, they make recordkeeping easier, since you don't have to remember what stack your magician is attacking or supporting.

Cheers,

Stephen

The best thing to hit the Internet in years - Juno SpeedBand! Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!