Hungry Jack

From: Labrygon_at_aol.com <Labrygon>
Date: Tue Jan 17 05:30:25 2006

In a message dated 17/01/2006 11:15:22 AM AUS Eastern Standard Time, rjmcarthur_at_gmail.com writes:

> BTW, is anyone else totally unhappy with Hungry Jack? I've only ever
> seen it come on the board once, and that was in a 28 turn game with the
> obvious winner totally bored. Any suggestions on how to get it working?

I've never seen it used much either, although I did do a few games where I sent the Green or Red Dragon off as soon as I got it and then came back with it. It is quite a good way of reserving some dragonkill for later AND Hungry Jack is quite useful if you can stack him properly (eg - you can suck people out of fortifications) bit reall, I think you need to write a scenario that starts the game with it. Somehting involving Sir Ethilrist I would think.

On the subject of scenarios - I think that there is potential to write a few more DP scenarios. Perhaps someone could come up with a 'Battle of Iceland' scenario.

Keith