Hungry Jack

From: Chris Ward <cw67q>
Date: Tue Jan 17 09:25:17 2006

Hello folks,

Jikes, talk about Sartar Rising ! This list has just exploded :-)

I've not had time to read everything properly, but looking back at things now the main changes I'd make would be to junk the overly complex combat system & terrain bonuses for movement & combat, and start again with something much simpler. Ideally something that could be used with the old counters though.

There are way too many different terrain types for combat bonuses/travel minuses. Terrain could be classified into 3 general types in terms of game effect (other than counter specialities) as something like (and I mean something like, rather than exactly this):

I like having lots of specials for individual counters, to add Gloranthan flavour .But theses special options/rules should be ignorable so that the basic game could be played sraight without them. The basic game system should be completely streamlined and simplified.

 These can always be considered optional and ignored for a simpler game). But I do think the overall game system has to be completely streamlined and simplified

Just my 2c.

Have to run - Chris W