Three Player game

From: buserian_at_juno.com <buserian>
Date: Thu Jan 19 16:36:23 2006

Hi Robert,

On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 10:47:18 +1100 Robert McArthur <rjmcarthur_at_gmail.com> writes:

> > That's the one. When we played the 3 player game, ages ago, our
DP-supremo
> > always played the Independents by choice and always used this tactic
to great
> > effect.
>
> In my attempts to play the three player scenario, the exiles definitely

> had the hardest time. One of the most difficult parts was that their
>
> capital was near the lunars and thus had to be defended near the
> glowline, while their major troops - the dragonnewts - had their
> important capital right against Sartar and thus had to defend it too or

> lose the reincarnation ability which made winning possible.
>
> In all the games (about 3-4), the only way the Exiles won was to play
> the competing sides off against each other: "if you attack the dragon's

> eye I'll fully ally with the lunars and you'll lose", "if you attack
> Wintertop I'll ally with Sartar and you'll lose". The best way I found
> was to play this as much as possible while defending until one side was

> weaker, then attacking the stronger side. I think it's their only
chance.

> Any other tactics/thoughts?

I agree that the 3rd player does have a hard time. Most of my ideas have been to beef them up a little. For example, I always thought that they should get the Tusk Riders as well. Plus, if my various unit additions were taken into account, they'd get another hero (Aram-ya-Udram), another magician and archer unit (Sun Dome), another magician unit (Beast Valley), etc. Of course, the Lunars and Sartarites get new units in this case, too, so the difference isn't that great.

But adding the Tusk Riders doesn't hurt. Allowing the independents to start with the Black Dragon would be a big boost, since Sartar and both the Lunars have to run quickly to ally their nearby dragon.

Steve