DP Question: Spirit Magic

From: buserian_at_juno.com <buserian>
Date: Fri Jan 20 16:31:42 2006

Hi CJ,

On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 14:52:17 +0000 CJ <cj_at_falster23.freeserve.co.uk> writes:
> Just to check I have been getting this right - DSM does not double
like
> melee combat, both sides ignore all terrain CF modifiers, and both
sides
> remove casualties after combat results have been calculated, so
> eliminated defending spirits still get to attack that round?

That sounds right, but I will let someone else chime in to confirm.

One ALTERNATE rule I like, which I'd like to see added to the rules set permanently, is for certain holy places, primarily major temples, to give a "terrain bonus" when it comes to selecting casualties of magic. Thus, a MgF 4 unit in the Shaker's Temple would actually take 6 MgF losses to eliminate. This would apply to DSM as well as offensive spirit magic, and probably physical magic as well. Not Chaos magic, though, at least, I can't see how to apply such a rule to that concept, which deals in units rather than factor totals. Besides, I like the idea that the Shaker's Temple is as vulnerable to Chaos as is Boldhome or, for that matter, Apple Lane.

Steve