Roads!

From: Steve W <steve_gb>
Date: Sat May 12 07:09:00 2007

> Steve wrote:
> ... Anyway, the point is that terrain modifiers are
> not in ADDITION to road -- the road reduces the cost, even if only
> slightly.

 Ah - thanks for setting me straight. I think I've got it now: so, essentially, secondary roads have no effect on terrain movement costs (except fords) but give you every 3rd hex free. (Hmmph - the wording of the AH rules for 2ndry road hexes is downright misleading: "1MP to enter", indeed! Well, that's my excuse.)
Yes, that does make it better than travelling off-road. It's a bit odd, though - on a (theoretical?) stretch of secondary road, through 2 open/hill hexes and 1 mountain hex, it would cost 2MF going one way and 4MF going the other! And the way _down_ from the mountains is more - weird! (...and wonderful. That's Glorantha...)

TTFN, Steve W