AW: Roads!

From: Steve W <steve_gb>
Date: Wed May 16 14:52:14 2007

Daniel:
> I've never heard of anyone
> assuming that terrain costs must also be paid in addition to road costs.

Except Steve M (before he read the rules!) you mean? ;-) (Sorry Mr M)

Steve M:
> Basically, the rules for secondary roads seem a bit ... unworkable, or
> at least unrealistic.

Daniel:
>> I always thot hills should cost more than open terrain. Maybe two
> points,

Steve M:
> I've always thought this as well

If you still fancy fiddling with the movement rules, how about these...? Primary/Major Roads: halve the MP cost of the underlying terrain (e.g. 1.5 in mountains).
Secondary/Minor Roads: as per underlying terrain, but every 2nd hex travelled gives an extra MP (not hex) of movement along any road. Hills: every 2nd hex travelled costs an extra MP (i.e. the opposite of Minor roads, above, so going along them in hills would be as easy as 1,2,3...).

On balance, though, I wouldn't change these rules. Firstly, it might alter the nature of defending Sartar's hilly/mountainous terrain too much and, secondly, it took so much grief working out what the current rules actually are, that we'd better not add further confusion!

TTFN, Steve W