AW: South Soldier Reserve & Game 7 Sartar DiplomacyPoints

From: Goihl & Fahey <goihlk>
Date: Thu May 17 16:55:57 2007

> Hi chaps, hope you don't mind my questions.

Ask everything you can think of. That's what this list is for.

>I found the Brontosaur one particularly interesting! I like the shield
rule, but guess the bronto would then be eliminated if it took 10 Mgf damage not stampeded?

I figure the Bronto is not affected at all, but you could have it stampede. That'd be fun, and at double MF! And while we're at it let's say that any units in a hex entered by a stampeding Bronto are moved out of that hex. But you could say the attacker has to choose the Bronto as first casualty and is eliminated. Either way. I think a Bronto is so physically big and spiritually immune, like a hill or something, that it would not be affected. Then you might have other units displaced during some intense battles while the Brontos wander around otherwise unaffected in the middle of it.

>... option of the South Soldier Reserve.
I have never really seen the point: they have to enter on turn one, and don't have much advantage where they appear! Anyone ever found a cunning tactic for them?

By that time in the game you have probably lost so much else that any such new group of troops gives you a presence on the board at least. Right, getting them to anywhere effective takes awhile, but the enemy is probably in the same boat, scrounging for troops to send in.

Daniel