A bit more on Hurril and Antirius...

From: Peter Metcalfe, CAPE Canty <CHEN190_at_cantva.canterbury.ac.nz>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 1994 20:48:16 +1300

Shannon:

>Not only do the elves of central Genertala worship a god that we
>recognise as Yelmalio, but, in fact, they worship the god from which
>the name Yelmalio and the central Yelmalian characteristics come from.

I think the name of Yelmalio comes from Winterwood, where Yelmalio is said to have made his last stand (Cults of Terror). Perhaps after Winterwood was pacified, Yelmalio sent out Solar heroes to bring the light to other lands. Hurril may have been the Sun Lord sent to Peloria whereas Elmal reached the World Council and became adopted by both the Theyalans as well as the Elves?

Ian Gorlick:

>I'm a bit confused about the cult of Antirius. (I haven't read the Glorious
>Reascent of Yelm, so all I know about Antirius is second-hand from discussions
>on the dailies, so I may be completely wrong here and would appreciate
>correction.) I had the impression that Antirius was killed at the Hill of
>Gold, therefore I assumed he had no cult. Was he resurrected later?

Antirius expired after undertaking the Hills of Gold Quest a second time. (He survived the first time). Exact circumstances of his death are predictably uncertain.

As for his resurrection, it seems at the Dawn, the Dara Happans took the Sun as Antirius sent ahead by Yelm in Hell to prepare the world for his coming. Yelm discovered the secrets of resurrection after being illuminated in Hell and first sent out Kargzant (Usual Pletonion BS), Shargash and then Antirius.

According to Pletonius, the first person to spiritually reach Antirius was Avivath during the reign of Son of Evil one hundred years after the Dawn. I think before that the people of Raibanth worshipped Raiba or Kargzant as the Sun because they did not have enough 'justice' to reach Antirius. At the Sunstop, Yelm came into the world and so could be worshipped. After that I think his cult subsumed Antirius.

Scott Haney:

>Actually, PM Dawn is a musical act. :) So leave us Scots
>out of it!

What *type* of musical act? Think before you speak or I may take one of Sandy's Humakti gifts out on Alex! BTW I know that being illuminated renders the geas impotent while leaving the gift intact. What's to stop one of Ralzakark's Broos taking out untold gifts so he can kill everybody in the whole world and ignoring the geases?