Three Eyes: Blue

From: Peter Metcalfe, CAPE Canty <CHEN190_at_cantva.canterbury.ac.nz>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 1995 20:40:08 +1300

Eric Rowe:

Backing up his thesis that the Third Eye Blue have always been a wandering tribe of smiths in defiance of the Sept '82 issue of different worlds which states they boasted that they once ruled all Fronela.

>Yuko did know his proud traditions, unfortunately, like much of
>the material in the Mostal Special, that was indeed Gregged.

It also gregs a lot of other things as well, Zero Wane Chronicles (where Syranthir *introduces* the Third Eye Blue into Peloria) and the Fronela Writeup in G:CotHW.

>My current take on the situation is that they were a cult/branch of
>the proto-wendarian culture or a Fronelan group that contacted and was
>influenced by that culture long ago. When their hero stole the secrets
>of the Mostali they became persecuted by the dwarves, but their
>services became invaluable to other humans.

So the Third Eye Blue speaks a language similar to Dara Happan (1/10th skill say)?

>>hmm? You have to cites facts to refute me. If they always were a wandering
>>cult of smiths, how on earth did they ultilize metal working when they
>>discovered it? Quite clearly they must have been a sedentary culture
>>originally.

>Who needs facts if something has been Gregged?

Being Gregged *is* a fact! And the most important one!

>As to whether they were
>sedentary originally, sure, but that does not mean that they were not
>a cult/branch of a larger culture that then left after they gained their
>secret powers.

So what you're saying that the Third Eye Blue was a social group in a larger Ice Age Civilisation? The Hero discovers metalworking and is jumped on by the Nidan Decamony. The (Wendarian?) Empire collaspes and the Third Eye Blue People become nomadic?

Attempting to repair the gregged Ice Age history of Lower Fronela. A large number of the Third Eye Blue after their initial dispersal migrate downriver. They then become allied to the Janubians who make them an important Caste of the Kingdom of Akem. The majority of the third eye blue live in the Tastolar uplands becuase of the dwarf-free mines. The captial of the Janubian Kingdom is at Tarnwall.

The Nidan Decamony espying this serious threat to their ideal metalworking monopoly pass internal memos amongst themselves say 'this should not be'. They then persudae/drive the Syranor barbarians to infiltrate the Janubian Kingdom and destory it. Thus the Westerners say the Third Eye Blue come from Tastolar and they do. The Fronelan Third Eye Blue claim to have ruled all of Fronela and they have some claim. And the Pelorian Third Eye Blue claim to have always been wandering smiths since they discovered the secrets of metal working and they have. Does this accord with your take?

End of Glorantha Digest V1 #205