Re: sandy's maunderings

From: Sandy Petersen <sandyp_at_idgecko.idsoftware.com>
Date: Fri, 19 May 95 10:44:29 -0500

Curtis Shenton
>Perhaps illumination for the Elder races removes deals more with
>their ancient hatreds for each other than it does with hatred of
>chaos? Hmm, I wonder if that implies that the Elder Races who are
>getting along so well in Jurestela are illuminated?

        I think not. The Elder Races have cooperated at other times. I don't think that the Elder Races have actual instinctual antipathies towards one another (well, maybe the elves do). Rather, I think that their biologies and life cycles are such that they naturally come into conflict, so any period of peace unless constantly maintained will ultimately fall apart.