WWW archives update (located in Australia)

From: Robert McArthur <mcarthur_at_fit.qut.edu.au>
Date: Wed, 24 May 1995 19:19:58 +1000 (EST)

The World Wide Web archives at

        http://www.icis.qut.edu.au/~mcarthur/rpg/

are on steroids. The following is new:

  o all messages over Andrew Bean's, the RQ Digest, and the Glorantha Digest     are now at this site (about 33MB! - I'm thinking of a CD ;-)

  o a powerful (though complex) search engine can search through all of these     messages (and more)

and the peace-duh-resistonce (hey, I'm a StormBull)

  o I am currently converting what I consider good/useful/fun messages into     HTML for viewing on the Web. The output from the browsers (Netscape and     Mosaic) onto a laser printer is excellent (not as good as Tales but...)

    I would appreciate any comments about these. Authors, if you want your     item (in its transformed state) removed from the archive let me know!

Here is a list of the items currently converted (and aren't they pretty when printed!):

       Carmania
              Sorcerers and Priests
              The Vizier speaks: wisdom of the Carmanian Magi
              Carmanian Glossary
              What the Fazzik told me: a personal view of Carmanian culture
       Cults
              A review of Lords of Terror
              Donadar: God of minstrels and storytellers
       Sorcery
              Folk sorcery
              Example of pre-manipulated sorcery spells
       Stories
              Kralorelan
                    the Sick Cherry Tree and What Happened to the False Dragon Ring
                    the Snow Monkeys
                    The Wise Desman
              A Moonpost story
              Poetic propaganda from the grantlands of Prax
              A Pamaltelan encounter
       Kralorela
              A note on the Kralorelan approach to the Gods
              A brief on a Kralorelan army unit
       News from Dragon Pass
              Number 2
       Trickster
              Doraddi tale of Trickster and Hoolar
              A legend of trickster (1990).
              Tokoloshes: A pamaltelan spirit
              More Eurmali thoughts including bits from the Lore auction
       Scenarios
              A detailed look at the flora and fauna at Far Point
              Greg Fried's scenario Atek's Ghost. (1992, soon to be updated)
              The Nameless Earth Spirit: a mini-scenario idea for Prax
       Second Council reports
              Kwaratch Kang
              Arstor, High King of Brolia
       News on the Arrolian Confederacy and Church
       Notes from the Grazelands
       Some uses for elementals
       Who were the Gold Wheel Dancers?
       Phoenixes and Spectres
       Types of fighting in Sartar and Prax
       A pretty version of Steve Maurer's HeroQuest rules
       An Earthly equivalent of Wergeld
       A view of the city of Whitewall
       the index of Glorantha by Stephen Martin (1994).

For those who read this far, please let me know whether you want me to regularly (ie. once or fortnight or so) send a list of additions to the archive to this mailing list. It would seem logical so you can decide whether to revisit the archive or not.

Let me know please! Is this useful? It's certainly bl**dy hard work.