Re:vampires

From: Sandy Petersen <sandyp_at_idgecko.idsoftware.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 95 12:21:07 -0500

Andrew Joelson
>While I haven't read the recent Dorastor pack yet, in the old
Cults >of Terror, the Tower of Lead was home to a swarm of vampires

        The intent behind the Tower of Lead from the beginning was that it not have a specific bad guy instituted, so that a GM could put whatever he wanted there. It was vampires in the story, but they were all cleared out, so it's open again. I think in one of my own trips to Dorastor it was a Thanatar temple.

        The bestest vampires I ever heard of were those in Steve Perrin's Blind King's Palace in Pavis. They included duck vampires (who, with the doubled STR, were just about on a par with humans -- don't ask how they drank blood). The worst most horrible vampire was the dreaded centaur-vampire. With double strength, he really kicked butt. Plus his hoof-kick not only dished out many dice of damage, but drained your MPs, too. Yeech.