more on trolls

From: Andrew Joelson <joelsona_at_cpdmfg.cig.mot.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 1995 07:27:26 -0500

        Sandy's view on trollish culture being instinct-based doesn't jibe with KL 'mating with the man-rune'. The trolls should be closer to humans than elves or mostali. Trolls have different physiology (look at their digestive tracts) and different/additional senses; thowing in an instinctive culture is going too far.

        Dave Dunham suggests that the older the culture, the more variance. As a counter example, I mention the Brithini & Mostali. It's easy to have a culture that doesn't change over many centuries, when a generation spans many centuries. And as for Darktongue being in use all over Glorantha, I have a real-world example; Hebrew was commonly learned and spoken by Jews all over the world for centuries with minimal changes occurring....

                Andrew