too much tapping

From: Andrew Joelson <joelsona_at_cpdmfg.cig.mot.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 1995 07:18:15 -0500

        I am puzzled by repeated references of massive Tapping in the Kingdom of war. Evidently the peasantry is supposed to be tapped into a state wherin rebellion is impossible. This seems very strange to me, as any people so badly off could hardly till the land and support a ruling class, let alone one that squanders vast resources in extensive military campaigns. (Squanders is a relative term; the efforts of 100 men producing arrows does _not_ go towards tilling fields, instead it uses up valuable resources on weapons seldom recovered more than once.)

                Andrew