Re: How Many True Mostali

From: Sandy Petersen <sandyp_at_idgecko.idsoftware.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 95 12:38:53 -0600

Peter and Martin debate on the number of true Mostali left.

        No one knows how many there are.

POINTS IN FAVOR OF THERE BEING MANY MOSTALI

  1. Only about 6-10 are claimed to exist, but the dwarfs are secretive and always lie. Hence there could be more.
  2. The dwarfs have been in a state of decline since the dawn. Surely they would have held onto all the Mostali they had and kept them as safe as possible?
  3. Since the Mostali are able to make new Mostali, surely they would have done so from time to time.

POINTS IN FAVOR OF THERE BEING FEW MOSTALI

  1. Only about 6-10 are claimed to exist, but the dwarfs are secretive and always lie. Hence there could be fewer.
  2. The dwarfs have been in a state of decline since the dawn. Surely the Mostali have declined along with them, been killed in their wars, etc.
  3. Since the Mostali are unable to make new Mostali, their numbers can only diminish.

The conclusion? It has been rationally argued that there are 0 Mostali, and that there are several hundred. I have no idea how many there are. I doubt even the dwarfs know.

Sandy P.