GMing

From: Nils Weinander <niwe_at_ppvku.ericsson.se>
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 1995 15:19:30 +0100

Jonas:
>Get better players.
>
>Or at least educate the ones you have.
>
>That turns out to be the only real advice I can give to Nils...
>Obviously variations of GMing or scenario-writing technique aren't going to
>help in this case... and I really wouldn't know how to go about teaching
>people that roleplaying is fun.

A change of players is not really an option since I won't be able to find any others. Besides, I put equal blame on my own incompetence at GMing. I'm completely and utterly incapable of making small talk, handling romance etc. in real life, and I don't do it any better in a gaming session.

Me:
>I played a version of that scenario at GothCon in 1984 or something like
>that. We had a great time for sure, with a lot of bizarre occurrences,
>but I wouldn't want every session to be like that.

Jonas:
>Why ever not? Anyway, it's nice to know that _someone_ still remembers...

Because in the long run I want sense of wonder and high adventure, not wacky comedy. It's great to have some good laughs now and then, but I don't want to base an entire campaign on it.

As to remembrance, you mean everyone else has repressed that flipped out RQ tournament? :-)

Nils W				| Here we are!
Office: niwe_at_einku.ericsson.se	| We sail on a ship made of dreams.
Home: nilsw_at_ibm.net