Re: Jonstown booklet

From: Barbara Braun <zbraun_at_minyos.its.rmit.EDU.AU>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 1996 10:56:16 +1100 (EDT)

This is Andrew emailing:

I would just like to say that Heroes of Wisdom may not be perfect but it is pretty damn good for its money. I have been priviliged enough to see Ingo's 3rd English draft of his Jonstown booklet and its up there with Pavis and the Big Rubble for great information (not that I have actually ever owned a copy of these rarities - just borrowed).

At the moment as far as I am aware there is nothing substantial published on Jonstown (in fact to me it has only ever been a place on the map) and the booklet for Heroes of Wisdom is a great first step in correcting this. Martin's comments are true but considering the great drought in published RQ/Glorantha information for A$6 it represents great value for explaining some useful information for anyone who wants to have an adventure in or around Jonstown.

I would like to hope that an English translation of at least the key building numbers will be distributed to the distributors who can then pass it onto the purchasers (are you listening Joerg ?)

As a last minute gloat I'm currently printing up 50 copies of the Entekosiad for Greg to sell at the con and he has said that it is to go no further as this is the Australian only RQ Con DU edition. Chortle! (I must admit that the TOTRM heavies will also be getting a copy but hey the rest of us can stun you with information for a while (maybe - I've never been that keen on working out just who Pelanda's third cousin on the distaff side actually married in the pantheon :-) )

I hope no one takes offence. The Con organising is stressing me out. Off to pick up David Dunham from the airport and then set up the Con site (and somehow finish Aleham Ratsbane's costume before midnight tonight. Aaaaarrrgghh!!)

Cheers, Andrew
PS Joerg, you are an honorary Australian so you will be getting a copy of the Entekosiad.(I wonder if Peter is coming to the Con <smirk, in the nicest possible way>).

End of Glorantha Digest V2 #331