Allied Spirits

From: Steven E. Barnes <akuma_at_best.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 1996 22:38:17 -0800

> From: Argrath_at_aol.com
>
> This is, IMHO, backwards. The allied spirit has a direct ISDN link to his
> god, and rats on the priest or lord at the first sign of slippage from the
> List of Things to Do and Not Do. Moreover, the priest/lord has NO way to
> compel the ally to do anything, except a Command spell (and you may need LOTS
> of Extension). Pain and death are meaningless to the ally (as if any priest
> or lord would have the blasphemous gall to try to torture an envoy of his
> god). And, while all allies should have personality, many of them also have
> Attitude. I know of a Eurmali allied spirit who is a good case in point.

I consider the allied spirit to be an personification of the subconciousness. With this interpretation, your ally will rat on you, only if you subconsciouslly want to be punished. This is one possible explaination of why Illuminates can ignore cult restrictions.

Even without this interpretation, the relation with an ally is not advisario