universal honor

From: Carlson, Pam <carlsonp_at_wdni.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 96 10:42:00 PDT

Martin L. on Onslaught:> really he isn't such a bad person. He'll stand by you
through thick and thin if he gave his word. How many people would do that?

Um, actually, about 90% of the player characters I've ever seen stand by comrades and keep their word. Those are important attributes in almost all societies, not just among Humakti. Sure - Humakti make a religious/Oath thing out of it, but given the wide variety of intrepation that Humakti seem to give to truth and honor, they seem little different than anyone else in the loyalty/honor sphere. (Excepting Eurmali, Orlantians, Krashti, etc.)

I still enjoy the old concept of the Humakti as Paladins, defender of the weak. There do seem to be some of those out there in Your Gloranthas - and I'm sure they can be distinguished from the frightening remainder by their reputations.

Pam