George MacDonald Fraser

From: sstair_at_cs.utep.edu
Date: Fri, 3 May 96 15:54:20 MDT

Garry Nixon wrote:
> I've just finished reading a book called the Steel Bonnets, by George
> MacDonald Fraser (for those of you in the know he also wrote the scripts
> for Octopussy and the 3 Musketeers).

He is also the author of an INCREDIBLE series of books about Flashman, a 19th century ne'er-do-well who somehow always manages to appear heroic to the world at large. Flashman is a part of almost every major even of the 19th century, including the charge of the light brigade, Custer's last stand, Afghanistan's ousting of the British and others. Flashman knows or meets most of the major figures of the time, all the while remaining an unredeeming, yet likable, bastard.