in jokes

From: Martin Crim <mcrim_at_erols.com>
Date: Sat, 18 May 1996 06:23:50 -0400 (EDT)

Cheiron writes:
>and, well, let's just say the chair went off although I swear we didn't
know it >was loaded. ...
>the unforseeable, tragic, entirely accidental and much regretted
>triggering of another banned spell by the chair (one thats starts with
>"T".)

Since a lot of the readers of this list were not at the Con, this kind of in-jokey stuff is really irritating. I'd like to nip this in the bud.

Write stuff that gives enough frame of reference for people to understand. If it's not a contribution but a nostalgic appeal to a select group, take it elsewhere.

Grumpily,
Martin Crim
A: Two. One to paint the giraffe, and one to fill the bathtub with brightly colored machine tools.