Re: Yelmalio; The Time Falling Bodies Take To Light

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Sat, 25 May 1996 11:07:40 -0700

Erik Sieurin wrote many reasonable things about Durulz.

Brian Curley forgot

> I can't seem to find the reference
> to Yelmalio losing Fire and who he lost it to

Zorak Zoran took it from him on the Hill of Gold.

I'll pass on a book that Greg Stafford recommended to me: The Time Falling Bodies Take To Light by William Irwin Thompson. The subtitle, "Mythology, Sexuality & the Origins of Culture" is pretty accurate. Thompson looks at archaeology and myth, and how humans evolved both physically and mythically. Unlike most writers about mythology I've read, he seems firmly grounded in science.

As I read it, I found many echoes from Greg's Entekosiad (which also covers mythology from the Paleolithic to the end of the Neolithic). It was a coincidence that I was reading it as I was preparing a scenario in Neolithic Peloria, but it was an excellent reference.

And it's even well written. Oh, and it includes porn from Sumer.