RE Minlister and Bees Digest V3 no 17

From: Mark Adri-Soejoko <soejoko_at_dircon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 1996 12:43:48 +0100

Loren Miller asked about damaging beehives in order to harvest honey

>Then how would they ever manage to gather honey from the hive to make
>mead?

I would assume that proper hives would be kept and very very carefully managed/looked after rather then a haphazard harvesting of honey whenever a wild hive is found.

I may be completely wrong in this but I thought that any reasonable advanced farming society would get honey by keeping hives. IMG Sartarite farmers are at about the same level of farming sophistication as the pre conquest Saxon English who I thought kept bee hives (a wild assuption on my part, and I will happily accept correction on this).

However if this is true, honey can be gathered by our Brewer without harming bees and there will be a reasonably constant supply of honey for use. Therefore a Minlister brewer will be able to gather honey without breaking any special requirements on harming bees.

Mark Adri-Soejoko soejoko_at_dircon.co.uk 2 Rules
Don't sweat the small stuff
Everything is small stuff