Lokamayadon

From: Michael Raaterova <michael.raaterova.7033_at_student.uu.se>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 1996 14:51:44 +0100

David wonders:

>Speaking of secrets, does anyone have any good theories (I don't think
>there are any facts) on exactly what Lokamayadon did? One possibility is
>that he formed an Orlanth Imperator cult (as the only way to rival the
>renascent Dara Happan Empire). Such a cult required a single focus of
>worship, and it had to be him. If this theory is true, I don't think
>Lokamayadon set this all up for personal gain.

I think the O Imperator idea is valid, as the idea of Lok being a misunderstood saviour. What the other orlanthi really objected to was the obvious HUBRIS involved. It is not only a capital sin, it is a trangression against the very foundations of life. To set oneself up as being worshipped as a god is one thing - lots of heroes have ended up as gods - but demanding to be worshipped as a god _superior_ to Orlanth or to actually _be_ Orlanth (which was how it must have looked to other orlanthi) is a grave offense.