Valind and Joint HDs

From: Michael Raaterova <michael.raaterova.7033_at_student.uu.se>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 1996 15:05:20 +0100

Simon says:

>Michael Raaterova:
>
>>The extent of the active courting of
>>Valind results in the rune spell of Snow, so i guess it's not so active
>>after all.
>
>What if they performed Valind HeroQuests rather than merely joining the cult?
>That way, they could bring down snowstorms and so on with relative ease.
>Also, the cult of Valind is associated with Himile who has a variety of Cold
>magics available.

How could they know the Heroquests of Valind if they are not initiated? 'Merely' joining a cult is a prerequisite to learning its quests and secrets.

Simon again:
>Michael also draws some God Learnerish conclusions about Holy Days (shared
>mythspace, combined Holy Day/High Holy Day activities). While I would agree
>that some associated cults would indeed share rituals on Holy Days,
>especially when more than one deity participated in the same GodTime deed, I
>would not agree that this is always the case.

I hope i didn't make the impression of saying that that is always the case. Far from - most cults do not share myths to such an extent that every ritual is a joint venture. Some myths (of the pantheon gods at least) _are_ shared and celebrated in cooperative rituals.