Vadeli converts

From: Peter Metcalfe <P.Metcalfe_at_student.canterbury.ac.nz>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 1996 16:34:36 +1200

Loren Miller:

On Vadeli Converts.

>1. How do converted Vadeli turn the right color?

For the Browns, I imagine they are taken to one of those hidden rooms in the Vadeli Homes. And kept there for several seasons. The Walls are Soundproof. The sponsoring Vadeli monitors their progress regularly. And when the convertees come out, they look more like their sponsors in build and facial structure than their old selves.

The Reds would do the same to any captive of theirs who proves worthy by unknown criteria. The transformation rites are more painful. They use blunt surgical instruments. And painkillers are for wusses. The old marrow is used to fuel the convertees enhanced stats. The old skin is fashioned to make clothing.

>2. Has anybody written an anecdote of a known Vadeli convert, seen
>before and then seen after conversion?

See above.

>3. If people convert *to* the ways of Vadel, then it must be possible
>to convert *from* Vadelism. Anybody know of any ex-Vadeli? Any
>ex-Blue Vadeli?

Notslor the Holy Monk reportly converted one before the Seventh Council. As he was a Living Saint, this was a major miracle and probably the First Vadeli to defect. That is if you don't count the proposed Reformed Hrestoli Vadeli.