The Praxian Sundome

From: Paul Heinz <pheinz_at_direct.ca>
Date: Thu Mar 20 10:07:24 1997

Hi, all. Paul Heinz here.

My pet theory about the Praxian Sundome and who they originally worshipped takes a leaf from Steve Martins original Elmal/Sun County explication.

IMG, the Praxians originally worshipped YamSur the Splendid, their sun god.

Now, from CoP/CoT we are _told_ that no-one remembers anything about YamSur except his name as he was killed in the Gods War by Kajabor and ceased to exist.

My belief is that YamSur being the Splendid was a very fastidious 'pretty boy' kind of Sun God who whilst having fertility magic was not much of a show in a decent fight.

So his worshippers went to DragonKill in all their spiffy finery (like gilded peacocks) and all died probably ignominously. I tie this into MOB's scenario where the Lord of YamSur DIed to save his bacon from a dragon (and so he didn't break a fingernail probably) and only left his fancy gold chariot and a burnt smear on the wall.

So, the Praxian Sundomers choose to 'forget' all about YamSur as he was damn embarassing actually and they are ashamed of every having worshipped or supported him. He probably wore kaftans too.

So, now we have the fine upstanding stoic Yelmalio - much better and more respectable - but no wearing dresses like that damn YamSur or else.

TTFN,
  Paul.

Paul Heinz
Scalable Development Inc., Victoria, B.C. Profax International Limited, Auckland, New Zealand E-mail: pheinz_at_direct.ca
#include <disclaimer.h>