Fall of the Machine City

From: James Walter Frusetta <gerakkag_at_wam.umd.edu>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 1996 16:57:01 -0500 (EST)

I'm struggling at attempting to find information on the Machine City & Zistor; there's references in the RQIII Glorantha box (sorry, never can remember it's proper name), King of Sartar and TrollPak. (If there's more than this, I've failed my research skill and should be beaten soundly about the head and shoulders).

Who participatted in the overthrow of Zistor's mortal minions? On the Mythic plane, it seems clear enough (Orlanth the Interventionist and his minions). But for the mortals in the battle, all I've seen are brief references to Trollish armies (TrollPak), Elves (TrollPak) and Shadowland women (KoS). Dwarves seem a logical addition as well (considering that Zistor infringed on the copyright for Mostal). Any thoughts on whether or not Orlanthi barbarians and Yelmists were participating in the fray? Or Waertagi?

Any comments or suggestions on the siege would be welcome, natch! :)

James Frusetta          	      gerakkag_at_wam.umd.edu
Department of History                 University of Maryland, College Park