erosion of effects

From: Daniel McCluskey (Volt Comp) <"Daniel>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 1996 10:15:55 -0800

Peter Metcalf notes:
(Quoting, of course my entire cryptic and poorly written passage... It's a miracle anyone could make sense of it, I even had trouble reading it correctly) :-p

>You have not disproven that effect erosion did not occur then. A
>simple example makes me think otherwise. People became hungry in
>the Old Days and ate to fill their bellies. The time taken for
>things to mature is another example (ie Erosion of Youth).

humm, ah well hunger is a problem. Aging has been explained to my satisfaction, though certainly not beyond argument. Lacking better evidence, I can chalk the "timely aging" vs "getting tired/injured of/by the world" as a gentlemans disagreement.

Hunger does display a hole in my argument to which I have no complete solution. I can put forward a few partial defences... but nothing I could point to as entirely convincing.

        In the case of the UZ, it's easy... Hunger is part of their being, and they are always hungry. There is nothing cyclical about their eating... they stuff anything that will fit down their gullets, and want more.

        It is Possible, that all Man-Rune based creatures had a certain Hunger level in god-time. sort of a gradient from UZ-Mostali (oh my, the Mostali ceartainly have always believed in time...) ( <- heresy!!! )

um, is there PROOF that (non-Uz) were hungry before chaos entered the world?... I Kinda like to envision the Green Age as a kinda Lion and Lamb eden scene... that might work...
(hows that for a pathetic argument!)

        I better let this simmer a bit before Gregging myself too heartily.

danm