Re: Glorantha Digest V4 #15

From: Lewis Jardine <jardine_at_rmcs.cranfield.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 1996 10:35:57 +0000

> WRT Peter Metcalfe's comments on my, not very serious, article on
how to become a Dwarf.

> Me: > All this discussion of joining one of the elder races has started me
> >thinking on what it would take to become a Dwarf or Clay Mostali.
>
> I don't think this is possible as _yet_.

I disagree (very slightly) I don't think it has been done yet.

> In Slon, the Eleventh humans are trying to be accepted as Mostali but
> the Dwarves don't encourage them.

Being asked to tend the same machine for a few hundred years is definitely
not very encouraging.

> I certainly don't think humans can become Clay Dwarves although
> they may follow one of the paths in an attempt to achive Diamondhood.

I agree with this generally, but I wonder whether over the centuries a human might slowly develop towards a Clay Dwarf. Assuming he lasted that long...

> However following such a path does not confer them immortality unlike
> the clay mostali.

I agree totally here.

> So the odds of surviving 700 years are slim methinks.

Quite, that was the point of my article.

Cheers

        Lewis