A Pint for MOB, Sun Hawk and Raven

From: Stephen P Martin <ilium_at_juno.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 1997 01:49:40 EST

<Eachlach_at_aol.com>
Re: Broken Broken Council

>>Yep, that's the best part of a con, in my opinion! I know all the
Reaching
>>Moon boys will have a drink for me!
>
>Even those of us who *aren't* part of the Megacorp will hoist one fin
your
>honor, MOB... :)

Shoot, maybe Shannon and I will get together in Berkeley that night and have one for you as well! Everyone, everywhere, across the world, lift a pint for MOB! And, since you ain't going neither, don't forget to lift one for yourself!

James Frusetta <gerakkag_at_wam.umd.edu> AA, Uz, Ravens (rrawk!)

>Simon points out Yelm created Sun Hawk, Orlanth Thunder Bird (#2):
>
> I think it _is_ interesting to associate the
>two, Stephen has pointed out a reference, and I think the 3 Feathered
>Fruitbats mythos is probably little used outside of Prax/Dragon Pass,
IMO.
>Next volley of criticism, please? <g>
>
>Wait a second... I could have sworn Stephen Martin said the Praxians
don't
>believe in Yelm, but in 3FR he made the Sun Hawk? Huh. I'm confused.

Three Feathered Rivals cult, per RuneQuest Companion, is Gateway, not Gloranthan. Also, because of how long ago it was written, you have to interpret it a bit. So, I buy the Sun God made Sun Hawk, and the Storm Demon made Thunder Bird. Raven, probably, just is. The story is the same, only the names have been changed (to protect the guilty, I'm sure).

BTW, I loved your "origin of ravens" myth -- mind if I use it? Better yet, want to write the whole story up for me?

Stephen Martin
ilium_at_juno.com

The Book of Drastic Resolutions
drastic_at_juno.com