Were the God Learners all that bad?

From: Mark Sabalauskas <marks_at_laraby.tiac.net>
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 1997 12:35:58 -0500 (EST)

From our home office in Glamour, Peloria:
                     THE TOP TEN REASONS
WHY THE GOD LEARNERS ARE BETTER THAN YOU'VE BEEN LED TO BELIEVE!
  1. Any transcendent being named "Mr. Raccoon" deserves whatever ill treatment he gets.
  2. Firebergs scoured unsightly soap scum off the sides of Magasta's pool.
  3. Without the monomyth, there'd be dozens and dozens more of those stupid sun gods to keep track of.
  4. We *could* tell what this reason is, but then the Gift Carriers of the Sending Gods would have to hunt down you and your kin.
  5. They mass-produced magic items!!!
  6. Any enemy of both Zzabur and the EWF can't be all bad.
  7. Who amoung us hasn't, at some point, wanted to swap goddesses?
  8. You know that annoying twit Syranthir Forefront? Well, they kicked his sorry butt out of Fronela!
  9. Hey, they didn't do that bad for a bronze age society possessing the magical equivalent of nuclear power.
  10. Although lacking trendy "emperor lists", the God Learner's game supplements *were* playable, interesting, and reasonably consistent with each other.