Re: Gods and Time

From: David Weihe <weihe_at_gsidanet.danet.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 97 15:24:42 EST

> From: Joseph Troxell <jmt107_at_psu.edu>
> I'm a little confused about the gods and time. The gods are outside of
> time, and do not understand time. Yet, they must understand sequencing, for
> example Orlanth had to kill Yelm before the Lightbringer's Quest.

Oh GODS! Not again!! We just thrashed this a month ago or so!

The answer is that everyone is dead certain something different from everyone else. This is going to have to remain a Mystery of the First Magnitude (ie, your choice as GM). Alternately, if the archives are back online, check there (the URL given recently was incomplete).

As to Humakt knowing when the character was going to give birth, I would guess that He knows enough to predict when a baby was due, but would be unable to know if something was going to induce premature labor. He also might have had to consult another diety, since Life and birth are not in His balliwick.

The interesting question would be who?