Re: Ambidextrous outside of Japan

From: Joerg Baumgartner <joe_at_toppoint.de>
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 97 21:25 MET

Frederic:
>I have suffered enough in AD&D with the "ambidextrous two-weapons using"
>characters. How many historical heros were using two weapons ? I know only
>of a few japanese.

In Njal's saga, one hero wields both a sword and a halberd ("atgeir", axe-spear) in his last stand battle. While this is fiction, it is contemporary fiction...

The chinese have whole lots of two-sword (or two-knife, if you prefer Crocodile Dundee's definition) techniques. So does Eskrima, which is a blend of the Strasbourgian school of fencing with native Philippine techniques for stick, knife and sword fighting.