Re: Army and Fertility

From: David Weihe <weihe_at_gsidanet.danet.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 97 14:27:52 EST

> From: Frederic J-M Moulin <moulinfr_at_pilot.msu.edu>
> >Depending on the variety of the cult you attend, I suppose. Humakt the
> >soldier needn't be celibate in any way - in the real world the passing of an
> >army results in increased fertility.
> Well, it really depends on the army: I don't recall the passing of a
> regiment of Waffen SS in Russia during WW2 resulting in any kind of
> fertility increase...
> Not that I want to approximate the noble Humakti with the Waffen SS.

Agreed. Most Old Carmanian Humakti would look on the Waffen SS as weak and sentimental, as would the current ones in KoW. After all, the reason that the SS moved to using local Slavic psychopaths in the Special Action Groups was that Germans were affected too much by machine gunning a couple of hundred Jews a day. Also, some Waffen SS, at the end of the war, could only be charged with "Belonging to an Illegal Organization" and so must have behaved in a less-than-merciless manner.

Fortunately for their neighbors, the Old Carmanians were restrainable by their Carmanos' commands. Unfortunately for their neighbors, the KoW Humakti aren't (not that Lord Death On A Horse would bother, anyway).

As much as I like Humakti, myself, let's remember that they are not AD&D Lawful Good Cavaliers (as I think Paladins are called there, now). At least not all of them.