Real World Glorantha

From: Erik Hamilton <ham_at_queeg.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 21:17:34 -0800 (PST)

Erik Sieurin sez:
> The other day I was wearily trudging homewards on my bike, when I
> saw a worn poster for some musical event that happened months ago.
> Suddenly I stopped dead in mya tracks! Yes, there it was: It was
> arranged by some people calling themselves "Kvinnof=F6reningen
> Dendara". The first is Swedish, and would be something like Women's
> Society, but the second is clearly just a name - but what a name!
>
> Are right-thinking Dara Happans aware of that the name of the Good
> Goddess is attached to what I presume is a women's lib organisation
> in another universe? What are they going to do about it? Can I expect
> Sunspears to begin to rain down on Bor=E5s any minute? Aaaaargh!

I don't know if it's been noted in the digest before, but Gloranthan names have popped up on more than one occasion on the various Star Trek series. In one Star Trek Next Generation episode there is a terrorist named Kero Fin. And in a Deep Space Nine episode a Klingon warrior is announced as the "champion of the Zola Fel, defender of Prax." I guess that makes eleven independent tribes...

Erik Hamilton