Re: Orlanthi Shamans, Wachaza

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_interzone.ucc.ie>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 1997 00:06:04 +0100 (BST)

Joseph Troxell says:
> This is my take on Orlanthi Shamans.

And a jolly good Take it is too. I pretty much entirely agree, though hopefully the drooling is optional, and not a Required Skill.

> I was wondering if anywhere there exists a long cult write up for Wachaza
> (and/or any of the other sea gods). As usual, GoG does a less than
> satisfactory job explaining a cult.

Sadly not. One of the WF{notes,prints} articles gives a bit more generic info on them all, though. It'd have been nice if the Oceans and Islands sourcebook had included full(ish) writeups of some of these fine fellows, but I fear that unfortunately: a) it's on semi-indefinite hold, last time I heard, and is likely even moreso now, I'd imagine, what with the RQ utuma ritual; and b) I think the last draft didn't have any cult writeups. See your friendly neighbourhood S. Martin for more details, I can only suggest.

The O&I sourcebook was somethink I particularly wanted to see (and indeed, contribute to, if at all feasible), and I think there's a fair old bit of Staffordian Wastepaper Basket to go in it, that I've been able to gather. But it's such a broad topic it's inevitably going to be very sketchy, particularly for broad topics like Vormain (I'm showing my own biases here), and the East Isles.

Slainte,
Alex.