minor nitpicking

From: Peter Metcalfe <P.Metcalfe_at_student.canterbury.ac.nz>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 1997 20:37:30 +1200

Carl Fink:

>God Learning worked. That's what "right" means, in the sense I was
>using. Note that the big disasters came after the GLs were corrupted,
>and most of their former empire had no actual GLs in them any more.
>(Six Leggers and False Dragon Ring had forgotten the secret.)

Corrupted is a misnomer methinks. The disasters would have happened even if the God Learners had remained faithful to the original ideals of the 'Return to Rightness' Crusade. Besides the big disasters also affected other empires who were always ignorant of the Forbidden Secret of the God Learners (the destruction of the Elf Empire of Errinoru and the Two Year Winter that afflicted the EWF spring to mind).

Nick Brooke:

[Lodrili versions of the LBQ]

>the
>Pelandans come at it from a different angle altogether: it was *their* gods
>and heroes, outside Hell and never descending, who made the world into
>something worth returning to.

I don't think this is quite right. The Gods of Pelanda did go away after a while and it was only though the devotions of the Palmsters of Hagu that Turos returned. *Then* he goes and defeats GanEstoro and sets the world to right...