Re: Pinniped hsunchen; sources, etc.

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 1997 15:39:31 -0700

Peter Metcalfe wrote

> There's also mention of a seal
> people but I forget where...

I can't remember if it's semi-official or just in my campaign, but I think there were once seal people in Ralios. (In my campaign it was in a lake that no longer exists, next to High Llama Pass.)

Tim Ellis answered

> There are definitely Otter Hsunchen

In my game (and Jonas Schiott's, whence I stole this) there are a few Udari otter-hsunchen. Note that these are distinct from the giant otters in the fens of what used to be called Ralios in early writings.

Jon Green wondered

> is there any canonical information/material/writeup about
> Jonstown anywhere?

"Heroes of Wisdom" is your best bet. It's not canonical, but it's fairly extensive. It's still available from Wizard's Attic, I think.

Joseph Troxell wondered

> Where is there information about the Lightbringers Quest?

Single best source is King of Sartar.

Trent Di Renna asked

> Do acolytes or initiates get free POW increases? The basic rulebook
> says "yes" (one point every 3 years)

The basic rulebook talks about previous experience. Played characters don't use the same rules in any game I'm familiar with (except Pendragon). So no, you don't get free POW gain.