Re: Loskalm PDP

From: David Weihe <weihe_at_danet.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 97 10:57:34 EDT

> > A non-violent sect would be very interesting in a
> > conflict with the KoW
>
> I wish I could remember who wrote the science fiction short story titled
> something like "Ghandi Meets Hitler." It's relevant to your idea. (I won't
> spoil the ending; e-mail me if you want me to.)

The title was "Blood Sausages" I think. I can't remember who wrote it, either, but probably still have it in my bedroom closet at home.

Maybe it could be run as a game of "Christians vs the Lions" (or vice versa -- I read about, but never bothered to play, the game). Very high piety characters get to have miracles occur, like bolts from the sky zapping lions, or one of the Perfecti rising into the Heavens at death, just like Hrestol (simple levitation spell cast by someone's overlooked familiar). High level lions getting to kill several victims with one swipe of the paw. Roll against your lion's CON, or become too full and have to vomit up the meat.

All in all, great fun for the family. Manson family, that is.

End of Glorantha Digest V4 #375