Re: Objective/Subjective

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_interzone.ucc.ie>
Date: Tue, 20 May 1997 02:44:51 +0100 (BST)

Simon (D.) Hibbs attempts to duck the tar-brush:
> I don't even consider myself to be 'subjectivist' in the sense the
> term has been used in this discussion. My own possition is that
> the nature of divinity and the true workings of the divine world
> are beyond mortal comprehension.

For my money that makes you _precisely_ either a Subjectivist, or a Hidden Variable Objectivist, Simon. (A HVO is a Subjectivist with an invisible hypothetical security blanket.) ;-)

Contrary definitions of Subjectivist, such as that it means the gods are whatever one _wants_, I've seen made only by t'other side.

Categorically,
Alex.