Da Books

From: Klyfix_at_aol.com
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 1997 05:38:47 -0400 (EDT)

Jeff Richard notes....

> Boy - this thread never ends does it? I am a little saddened by a number
> of posts by folk refusing to buy/read GRoY, tFS, Entekosiad, even KoS -
> Greg's recent works represent the most new Gloranthan material since the
> early Eighties. Seeing as though I run about once a week (this week the
> Varmandi thanes fought as mercenaries of King Arim against the Lunar
> Syllilan-Sairdites around Goldedge) and I find Greg's new stuff invaluable

> (tFS - directly useful, GRoY as mythically useful - ok I don't find
> Entekosiad very directly useful, but I do like it), I guess I must be out
> of touch with the rest of these "gamers".

     Well, the problem is spending $25 a pop on books of questionable gaming utility and reading interest. For me, $25 is a healthy sum of cash, alas. If they were under $10, and I was playing RQ more regularly I might consider them. But at this time it makes more sense to use my old material, look over friends stuff, assimilate stuff from the Digest, and check out the rather large number of RQ/Glorantha related Web sites.

      Heck, do you expect us to go out and buy every fraggin' thing Greg elects to publish at whatever price even if we have reason to believe (from reading KoS) that it won't be all that great a read? That's rather on the absurd side, isn't it? We ain't cultists.

V.S. Greene : klyfix_at_aol.com : Boston, near Arkham...