Storm Bull Strategic planning. (Short)

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_interzone.ucc.ie>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 23:27:28 +0100 (BST)

Oliver Bernuetz:
> I'd agree with whoever it was (sorry) who suggested that the
> [Storm Bull] cult as a whole would be waiting to build up their
> resources before trying to take out one of the major nests.
> The problem being that it's hard to build up your cult
> resources when fanatical individuals keep running off
> to clean up those spots.

> I've always played Storm Bulls as hard living, hard
> drinking assholes who'd as soon as kill you as look at you.

Pardon my quoting, but that's pretty much entirely how I look at it too. It's probably not so much cowardly hypocrisy that means not every Bully has self-immolated in the Krjalki Bog, as that it would be an uncharacteristically well-planned way to commit suicide. It's not wrong to describe them, in the terms of the original question as "crusaders against chaos", but that ought not to lead one to conclude that theirs is a well-planned, logically consistent, sweet-smelling, or rationallymotivated  crusade.

Outline Storm Boor lifeplan:

Wander around looking for a) Chaos, and b) Trouble. In case of a), cause large amounts of b). If neither a) nor b), cause b) anyway. In betweentimes, c) drink copiously, to dull the throbbing pain in your head. Only failing spontaneous a), b) or c) for sustained periods of time would you ever bother actually _planning_ how to achieve any of them, and even then the persistant hammering inside your temporal lobe makes it somewhat challenging. Arguing with SB cultists about theology, and which bits of chaos they should be fighting, when, certainly comes under category b).

Methodically,
Alex.