Piety vs. worldly, RQ2 vs. RQ3

From: rmeints_at_e-mail.com
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 1997 08:11:44 EDT

Hello,
Subject: Piety vs. worldly, RQ2 vs. RQ3

Pious/Worldy:

My take on the two traits has never equated them to Magic/Science.
I think that their synonyms would be Open minded and Close minded.
Pious people have ONE way they like to do things, which is usually
directly in line with the dictates of their religion.
Worldly people don't usually see things as absolutes. To use
catholicism as an (probably poor) example, Pious catholics don't
use birth control, don't eat meat on Friday, practice abstinence
before marriage, etc. More Worldy Catholics tend to discard many
of these practices on occasion. Let's assume for a moment that
there are twenty commandments in your religion and your god is
keeping score. A perfect score of twenty is achievable by any
worshipper who follows all twenty commandments all the time. More
worldly members who slip or backslide enough to almost get kicked
out score somewhere around 10.

RQ2 vs. RQ3...

Most RQ3 supplements are easily convertable to RQ2. It's also
taken me a while to realize it, but there are very fewworthwhile
RQ2 things that are unobtainable through RQ3-era supplements.If
Chaosium put three or four main things on their server, like the
Cradle scenario, bits of Borderlands, snippets from GriffinMtn.,
and a few paragraphs from Cults of Terror, what worthwhile things
are we left missing out on?

A note from the Big Cheese...

Being a huge fan of toasted/grilled cheese sandwiches and Fried Bread,
and having lived in both the US and the UK, can I wrap up this debate
by stating objectively that the two foods are different. The only way
this debate should continue is if Harald Smith convinces us that a
toasted Imtherian Cheese sandwich is substantively different...  :)

Take Care,
Rick Meints, Education, Training & Development, 8-737-2126
Mobile: 0976-686-454           Internet: RMeints_at_e-mail.com