Uzlets.

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_interzone.ucc.ie>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 1997 02:43:03 +0100 (BST)

On the subject of troll gender semantics, I'd guess that the usual darktongue words are nominally gender-neutral, and there are different words for the sexes. ("Honoured Mothers", "No account layabouts.") And as "troll" is a human (Western, even) word, it may well actually be used in a male-presumptive fashion.

But it's pretty clear to me that in Darktongue, such gender-biased terms as there are will be giving males the short end. The "generic" pronouns and collective terms are going to be female ("'She' embraces 'he' -- or cuffs him around the ear if he's not careful"), KL RPs are always addressed with a female title, and if there any Sexist Diminutives flying around, then the sex that's SIZ 2 on the daintier side is going to be where they land.

I-am-of-course-a-radical-feminist-ly,
Alex.