Brian & Robert

From: Martin Laurie <MLaurie_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 1997 17:10:10 -0400

Rwolfe comments on the copyright thread:
>I think Brian's main problem is that he'd love to publish his stuff in =

>RQ Adventures, or in Tales, but he HATES RQ3 and doesn't want to =

>translate his (excellent) scenario material out of RQ2. And nobody =

>seems interested in publishing RQ2 stuff. I gather what he wants is =

>to show there's legal precedent to publish as much RQ2 stuff as he =

>wants, and damn the torpedoes. His logic seems sound to me... =

>making it stand up in court is another question entirely.

I have great sympathy with Brians view - IMO RQ 3 has some gains =

but some losses when compared to RQ2 which I still use 80% of with =

bits from RQ3 and stuff I made up
=2E
I for one think there is no problem at all with Brian publishing RQ2 stuf= f =

and would like to see his scenarios - I still don't see why he can't. I'= d
be =

stunned if anyone could be bothered to take him to court, its hardly as i= f =

its cutting into anyones profit margins is it? I mean thats the real reason =

why businesses sue - because they are losing money - who is going to =

do that at Avalon Hill or Chaosium when they have NO market to lose in =

the first place vis a vis RQ? Who could be bothered over something so =

trivial?

>To Martin Laurie, who wanted to be "dazzled" by my creative output:
>You're just looking in the wrong place, man. Aside from my contribution=
s =

>to the digest as Cheiron, (who can forget "Body Piercing and Tattooing i=
n =

>Glorantha") my real creativity is on display on a weekly basis for all t=
o =

>see. Whether it's dazzling or not, I can't say.

Oh, the Deep Space Nine thing. I really didn't think that was relevant -=

after =

all I don't bring my creativity in my day to day job into things - I clea= n
lavatory =

bowls in public washrooms for a living and even though I am at the top of=

my profession I refuse to gloat about my capabilities on the digest.

HOWEVER, you have put stuff on the digest and I like seeing stats on =

anything so as far as I'm concerned - good for you, more please. Saying =

that it still rankles to think that you assume that most digesters don't play =

or aren't creative. This is simply not true - given the density of fanzines, =

web sites and other creations for the actual number of us involved I woul= d =

say we all deserve a resounding pat on the back.

>Another Broo Prince coming soon, not that anyone seems to care. <sulk>

Well I care so don't sulk. Lets see it and quit yer whinging :)

Martin Laurie